We’ve all heard the moniker that “time waits for no man”. It is a stark remind that time is precious and
therefore we should do everything in our power not to waste it. Time management is essential in every
aspect of your life. You achieve more in less time if you plan and manage your time accordingly.
Time wasting quotes are meant to awaken in us an urgency to always conserve time. They are meant to
remind us that time wasting has serious repercussions in every aspect of our lives!
Don’t Waste Time on Someone Quotes
- There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want. – Bill Watterson
- There’s no good way to waste your time. Wasting time is just wasting time. – Helen Mirren
- Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are. – Turcois Ominek
- The biggest mistake you can make in life is to waste your time. – Jerry Bruckner
- Moving on will show you a lot about who you are, what you truly want, & what you have no desire to waste your time on. – April Mae Monterrosa
- When you spend time worrying, you’re simply using your imagination to create things you don’t want. –
Shannon L. Alder
- Many people make the mistake of saving money by wasting time. – J.R. Rim
- It is worth to not waste time in chasing a prospect who makes the vendor wait for a long time in the first meeting, as perhaps he could never be converted into a loyal client/good customer. – Anuj Somany
- I do not want to waste any time. And if you are not working on important things, you are wasting time. – Dean Kamen
- Don’t keep your own schedule – that will eat too much of your time keeping your own schedule. And when you are tired, stop. Because if you are too tired, you become not productive, and you are wasting time. – Christine Quinn
- At the end of the Beatles, I really was done in for the first time in my life. Until then, I really was a kind of cocky sod.
- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison
- Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard
- Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. Barack Obama
- True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of pure love. No strings attached. No expectations. Time and love are the most valuable possession you can share. Suze Orman
- Anyone who loves in the expectation of being loved in return is wasting their time. Paulo Coelho
- Hurry up: your dreams are waiting for you, but they will not wait forever – Paulo Coelho
- Life is flying by. You don’t have time to waste another minute being negative, offended or bitter. If someone did you wrong, get over it and move forward. Joel Osteen
Funny Quotes About Wasting Time
- Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time. Jim Rohn
- Sometimes you need to stay in touch but be out of reach. Jim Rohn
- Don’t waste your energy trying to convince people to understand you. Your time is too valuable to try to prove yourself to people. Joel Osteen
- You may delay, but time will not. Benjamin Franklin
- Time is a precious thing. Never waste it. Gene Wilder
- If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of. Bruce Lee
- Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them. Orison Swett Marden
- When your dream dies, create another dream; don’t waste your time to resurrect the dead one! Remember that you are mortal and don’t stuck on one dream! Give other dreams a chance! Be just! Remember, you are mortal and your time is very short! Mehmet Murat Ildan
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Steve Jobs
- Don’t waste your time with fear.. Fear won’t keep you safe from being hurt. Tiffanie DeBartolo
- Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back. Harvey Mackay
- Wasting time is worse than death, because death separates you from this world whereas wasting time separates you from Allah Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya
- Don’t waste your time with people who will ultimately destroy you, but concentrate instead on those who will appreciate your responsibility to them, and, likewise, feel responsible to you. Anton Szandor LaVey
- Lost time is never found again. Benjamin Franklin
- Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Mary Schmich
- Your reality is yours. Stop wasting time looking at someone else’s reality while doing nothing about yours. Steve Harvey
- When you kill time, you kill your opportunities for success. Denis Waitley
- Go for greatness. Anything else is a waste of time. Marianne Williamson
- Don’t waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear. Paulo Coelho
- Don’t waste your time explaining who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you. LeCrae
- Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself. Og Mandino
- Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one. Marcus Aurelius
Quotes about Time Wasted on Relationships
- A couple of hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow, he said, which you can do today. This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say. I don’t know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I’d have to say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you’re wrong? What if you’re making a mistake you can’t undo? The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can’t pretend we hadn’t been told. We’ve all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day. Still sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today’s possibility under tomorrow’s rug until we can’t anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying. Meredith Grey
- So watch me strike a match on all my wasted time. As far as I’m concerned, you’re just another picture to burn.
- Never forget three types of people in your life: 1.who helped you in your difficult time. 2.who left you in your difficult time. 3.who put you in a difficult time.
- I just wish that time would stop here. Where we are so happy together. I don’t want to see the last day of US coming. Because I’m not scared of the future, I’m just scared of losing you.
- Don’t waste your time getting hurt by someone when there’s someone else out there waiting to make you happy.
- Not everyone in life deserve your wholehearted feelings and time so don’t waste your time on someone who don’t deserve your efforts.
- Every day I spend with you is the new best day of my life.
- The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
- I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.
- Be picky with who you invest your time in, wasted time is worse than wasted money.
- Two things that should NEVER be wasted; Time & money.
- Be careful who you invest your time in. Nothing is worse than wasted time. It’s the one thing you can’t get back.
Quotes about Wasted Time and Effort
- Don’t waste your time and effort on people who don’t really care about you, who hurt you, and who bring you down. Instead find the people who love you, through thick and thin, wrong and right, good and bad, these are the only people worthy of your time.
- “What time has been wasted during man’s destiny in the struggle to decide what man’s next world will be like! The keener the effort to find out, the less he knew about the present one he lived in. The one lovely world he knew, lived in, that gave him all he had, was, according to preacher and prelate, the one to be least in his thoughts. He was recommended, ordered, from the day of his birth to bid goodbye to it. Oh, we have had enough of the abuse of this fair earth! It is no sad truth that this should be our home. Were it but to give us simple shelter, simple clothing, simple food, adding the lily and the rose, the apple and the pear, it would be a fit home for mortal or immortal man.”— Sean-O’Casey —
- “Have learned in life, there will always be some things that we really want but they are just not ever going to surface in our life. We have to take a bow and keep it moving because you never know the reason why it was not put there. It could simply be because there is something better just waiting. Never chase after people or things, unless it is a common effort. Patience is a virtue, wasted time is a something you will never get back. – AHCIII”— A.H. Carlisle III
- “What I tried to make clear in Good Calories, Bad Calories was that nutrition and obesity research lost its way after the Second World War with the evaporation of the European community of scientists and physicians that did pioneering work in those disciplines. It has since resisted all attempts to correct it. As a result, the individuals involved in this research have not only wasted decades of time, and effort, and money but have done incalculable damage along the way. Their beliefs have remained imperious to an ever-growing body of evidence that refutes them while being embraced by public-health authorities and translated into precisely the wrong advice about what to eat and, more important, what not to eat if we want to maintain a healthy weight and live a long and healthy life.”— Gary Taubes
- “There is no effort in time wasted by remembering the truth. A lie requires an effort of life and wasted time to remember because one lie tends to become a lifestyle that destroys.”— Richard Diaz
- “It is a waste of time to see people who have only a social surface to show. I will make every effort to find out the real person, but if I can’t, then I am upset and cross. Time wasted is poison.”— May Sarton
- “Once I started trying to give positive reviews, though, I began to understand how much happiness I took from the joyous ones in my life
and how much effort it must take for them to be consistently good=tempered and positive. It is easy to be heavy; hard to be light. We nonjoyous types suck energy and cheer from the joyous ones; we rely on them to buoy us with their good spirit and to cushion our agitation and anxiety. At the same time, because of a dark element in human nature, we’re sometimes provoked to try to shake the enthusiastic, cheery folk out of their fog of illusion
to make them see that the play was stupid, the money was wasted, the meeting was pointless. Instead of shielding their joy, we blast it.”— Gretchen Rubin
- “Great entrepreneurs focus intensely on an opportunity where others see nothing. This focus and intensity helps to eliminate wasted effort and distractions. Most companies die from indigestion rather than starvation, i.e., companies suffer from doing too many things at the same time rather than doing too few things very well.”— Naveen Jain
- “I was as secretive – indeed, as furtive – as any conspirator. Discovery, we knew, simply must not happen, or else all our time and effort would be wasted. If it were to be exposed that our particular group had got together and written a banking bill, that bill would have no chance whatever of passage by Congress.”— Frank A. Vanderlip
- “No effort is ever wasted, although some pay dividends later than you think. Do not imagine that you “wasted your time” because something didn’t turn outright. There is no such thing as “waste” in the Universe. Everything – everything – yields benefit. It’s true. And your life will show you this. So don’t decry the “effort that failed.” All things lead to your highest good. You just may not know it yet.”— Neale Donald Walsch
- “Moving. Someone said this to me a long time ago, it’s Buddhist saying, I think: ‘There is no wasted effort’.”— Lauren Graham
- “You can always look back and see where you might have done something differently, changed this or that. If you can learn something, fine, but never second-guess yourself. It’s wasted effort … Does worrying about it, complaining about it, change it? Nope, it just wastes your time. And if you complain about it to other people, you’re also wasting their time. Nothing is gained by wasting all of that time.”— John Wooden
- “The difficult tasks to be performed are not the ones that mean physical and mental labor, but the ones that you dislike, are the ones that you do not love. There are unpleasant angles to nearly every important job to be done in this world, but there must be an overall love for doing each, else precious time and effort are uselessly wasted. I shall never forget noting a sign above a construction job that read: “Builder of Difficult Foundations.” That man must have loved that calling, else he would not have made a point of advertising the fact!”— George Matthew Adams
- “I agree that mommy wars are not good for any mothers: that such wars are time and effort wasted.”— Sandra Tsing Loh
- “Anything that is wasted effort represents wasted time. The best management of our time thus becomes linked inseparably with the best utilization of our efforts.”— Ted Engstrom
If you’ve been wasting time on inconsequential things, the above time wasting quotes are meant to jolt
you back into reality. They are meant to remind you that you need to take charge of your life, change
your habits, and start managing your time properly. Bookmark this page, stick the quotes somewhere on
a mirror where you can read them every morning, or write them down somewhere to read daily and
constantly remind yourself why wasting time is a setback to the achievement of your personal and